Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dissolved Resolve

Hi Guys,

Well all I can say is that alcohol dissolves your resolve!

Valentine’s weekend proved to be a bit of a sticking block for me. OH had booked me in for a posh facial and back massage as my pressie on Saturday (bless him) so we agreed to go out on Friday – didn’t think I would really feel like getting dressed up after being pampered on Saturday!

So we went for a meal and I tried to be good. I did have a starter but no pud and I had salad as an accompaniment to my main. But I had a Tia Maria and diet coke (120 cals). We then decided to meet up with some friends at our local and the alcohol continued to flow. (I’m sooooo naughty!) Then, the Landlady ordered pizza! I was better than I would have been though – I only had two thin slices :o) But, I so didn’t need them.

I have to say the weekend continued along a similar vein so, not great. Fajitas on Saturday night and a Chinese on Sunday evening! I did hop on the scales on Monday just to see how badly things had gone. A 2lb weight gain!

That said, at my weigh in today, the 2lb gain has gone and I’m back to 13 stone 10lbs so not too bad. I have been calorie counting with Weight Loss Resources for 6 weeks now and have lost a total of 11lbs. Not too shabby!

But, I have got a wedding to go to in June so, I’m gonna get my nose to the grindstone and really go for it. With luck, determination and knowledge of the game I should be about a stone off my goal weight by then!

How did you all do over the weekend?

See you next week,

Trudi :o)

3 comments:

  1. 11lb in 6 weeks including *that* week is great! Keeping the temporary gain down to 2lb is also pretty good I think :)

    I had a good weekend as I don't "do" Valentine's, and it also included a 20km run. However I do have a girls' night out and a wedding coming up on other weekends so I am sure they will present their own temptations...

    Also just wanted to comment to say I enjoy your blog, so don't feel like nobody is reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God.. don't I know about the alcohol thing!

    Staying the same sounds like a pretty good result to me! What with Valentines night and my birthday this week I would give anything to stay the same, but if I've put on then so be it.. it will just mean I need to work harder next week!

    Have a good weekend.. just stay clear of the alcohol!!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments Guys :o)

    These temptations keep rearing their ugly heads don't they?

    I guess the trick is to still enjoy yourself, try not to go too mad and not beat yourself up about it afterwards. Tomorrow is always another day and with the way Weight Loss Resources works, you can claw back the calories in the following days or do some extra exercise to make up for it.

    The main thing is to try not to go over too often cos otherwise it would end up being one step forward and two steps back - that can only be demotivating can't it?

    See ya soon :o) T x

    ReplyDelete