Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Camera Never Lies

Hi Guys,

2nd Blog for this week and another weigh in.

13stone 10lbs!!! Yay! 2lb loss

Chest 42.5" (Huh? An inch on? Maybe it’s my bra.)

Waist 36" (Same as right at the beginning.)

Hips 39.5" (A total loss of 3½ inches! My bum’s getting smaller!!)

So, all in all, not a bad result :o)

I have plucked up the courage to take some pics this week. One of the problems we have when we ask Weight Loss Resources members for their success stories is that, while they are big, they don’t like having their photos taken. It’s only when they get to their goal weight that they become less camera shy. I confess, I am exactly the same. I spent 3 hours looking for photos of me last night and have decided that I definitely prefer to be behind the camera. The only pics I have are of my wedding last year!

This is me at my wedding last year:



This is me from the front this morning:



From the side:



And from behind:



I’m going to update these every couple of weeks so we can all see any differences :o) (I’m so brave!)

Valentine’s Day is looming and my OH would normally take me out for a lovely meal and buy me some yummy posh chocolates. But what do I do this year? He knows not to get me any chocolate so that’s not a problem. I don’t want to go over my calorie quota but love eating out and having a few drinks.

I’ve looked at the WLR Food Database and my normal drink is 285 calories!! (Cheeky Vimto is my fave.) I do drink Tia Maria and diet coke and that’s only 120 so, maybe if I stick to that it won’t be too bad. And for dinner? Well, it depends where he decides to take me. :o) But, if I’m really good today, tomorrow and during the day on Saturday, then the way calorie counting works means that I can save calories and add them to my quota for dinner on Saturday. And if I have a little roll around on the bed with my OH, the WLR Exercise Database will tell me how many calories I’ve burned and add those to my daily quota!!! :o)
Sounds like a plan Stan :o)

What are you guys doing for Valentine’s Day? Any hints and tips to stop me falling off the wagon?

I’ll let you know next week how I got on! :o)

Take care,

Trudi

2 comments:

  1. Twit twoo.. look at you! Stunning!

    Loving the pics.. you are so right when you say it's difficult to find 'before' pics. I hate having mine taken and if I do I am always stood behind someone or something, or they are just head and shoulders shots (but even those are scarey when the chins come out to play!!)

    Congratulations on the loss.. those snowball fights must have been pretty good after all!

    As for Valentines day, we are dining in at the leisure of Mrs Marks and Ms Spencer - we are having Saturday as our day of 'using up extra calories' earnt throughout the week with gym sessions and bodyweight workouts aka the 'Torture Chamber' - but if we do go over we're not going to beat ourselves up about it, because in the past that has led to having a 'duck it' weekend, where we are 'naughty' on the Sunday as well. Then everything is so much harder for the rest of the week as we're trying to cope with the guilty feelings.. not going there this time!

    Uuumm... so not only does OH dance with his PJs on, he also wears skirts!! So is it true what they say about men with kilts???
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Aw shucks, thanks :o) I have the forward facing one on my fridge for inspiration :o)

    I have to say I think I have had a 'duck it' weekend :o( But the proof will be in the pudding when I weigh in on Thursday. Gonna have to try even harder this week I think!!!

    Bless him, my OH wore the kilt because I asked him to. He's not from Scotland but I was told that Queen Mary (I think) did decree that any English man could wear the Queen's tartan - or something like that anyway :o)

    It went with the colour scheme and both the OH and the Best Man looked great in them! As for what they say about men in kilts? Ah, think I will have to leave that one to your imagination! ;o)
    T x

    ReplyDelete