Thursday, February 26, 2009

Arrrggghhh!!

Had a 21st birthday party to go to at the weekend and my willpower just danced off into the distance when they brought the buffet out!

I weighed myself on Monday to see how bad it was. A 4lb gain!!

I have actually managed to lose 3 of the guilty 4lbs but that means a total gain rather than a loss. I’m not a happy bunny!

I started walking this week though. If I’m not so weak willed this weekend, that will help in my quest to fit into my Calvin Klein jeans. I did an hour on Monday night with my friend Julie and her dog, Kavhe and 45 minutes last night.

Weight Loss Resources is launching their Walk the Weight Off 2009 Challenge this weekend. Did you know that if you walk for half an hour at about 3mph you can burn 128 calories? More than enough for an extra Curly Wurly. And, if you go for it at 4mph for an hour you can burn an extra 368 calories!

I’m definitely going to give the challenge a go and walk my weight off! It’s free, easy and fun if you do it with a friend.

I also did 3 hours of ironing on Tuesday. Now anyone who knows me will be falling off their chair reading this ‘cos I don’t iron. I’ll even buy clothes depending on whether they are going to need ironing or not. Crinkle material is a favourite of mine! But, stood there with my iPod going I burned an extra 368 calories according to the Weight Loss Resources Exercise Database. Think my iron might get an outing much more often!

In fact, I’m off to do some more now – catch you all next week :o)

Take care,

Trudi

2 comments:

  1. I'll be round with my ironing in a bit.. that should keep you occupied for a long time!!

    It's a real sod how life gets in the way of this weight loss malarky isn't it.. but at the end of the day, birthdays, Easter, Christmas etc etc are always going to be coming along and it's about learning to take the rough with the smooth - gain this week, loss the next, stay the same for a few more.. they will all conspire against us!

    I don't know about you and your weight history, but for me I have always, from about 10 years old, been 'big boned' 'chubby''fat''on the large side'.. call it what you want - but that is 35+ years of getting to the state I am in now - I've FINALLY realised that there is no quick fix, it will take time, there will be ups and downs, highs and lows of mood as well as weight, but it's having the will power, courage, audacity, sheer determination, bloody mindedness, call it what you will, to stick at it.. to not beat yourself up when you have a 'blip week', to praise yourself big time when you have a 'good week', to be encouraged and even more determined when you have a 'stay the same' week - in some ways I find these the hardest!!
    If I have a 'blip week' I usually know where I went wrong and tumbled off the straight and narrow, likewise with a good week.. but a stay the same can be so disheartening.. I usually put it down to hormones!!

    Here's to a better week, keep up the ironing and the walking.. I can lend you our German Shepherd if you want? She has boundless energy and could walk for miles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you doesn't it? Lol

    At the end of the day, you are so right about this being life. Birthday's anniversaries etc. It's all part of the fabric and I wouldn't want it any other way.

    I have been big for a long time with sporadic slimness thrown in. So I'm really looking forward to going into a clothes shop and trying on something cos I like it rather than cos it might be flattering! :o)

    So I will be continuing with my calorie counting, walking, ironing and housework. (Did some of that at the weekend too!!!) I used to have 4 dogs and really miss them but can't persuade OH to let me have another. But I'm still working on him . . . .

    T x

    ReplyDelete