Friday, April 24, 2009

Time to Get Serious!

Not much to report in the weight loss stakes this week. I have maintained. But, at least I haven’t gained! I think a kick-start is definitely in order! (Or should that be a swift butt-kick???!!)

It is time to get serious! Seven weeks to my niece’s wedding and I promised myself that I would be at least 2 stone lighter by then. Nose to the grindstone it is then.

I’m back at work now and will be blogging every week again so, hopefully, that will give me the inspiration to really go for it weight loss wise. I’m not sure I chose the best week in the world to go back to work after my operation though. Not only has it been glorious sunshine since I got back but we also had some major projects with today as their deadline so everyone has been running round like headless chickens and we’ve been able to taste the stress in the atmosphere!! Lol

That said, both projects look fab so it’ll be worth it in the end!

I’m sure you have all seen the new diet pill available over the counter at pharmacists from this week – Alli. A lower dosage of the drug called Orlistat, the new Alli weight loss pill is being heralded as a ‘weight loss wonder drug’. Weight Loss Resources’ dietitian has investigated this ‘new’ drug and has put her findings in a report along with a review of the Alli diet pill. But what do you think? What pills and potions have you tried in the past? Would you give Alli a try or do you think you wouldn’t touch that kind of thing with a barge pole?

Hopefully, next week I’ll be able to report a loss and be a few pounds lighter. I must admit that, for me, the fact I am getting there without drugs and doing it through adopting a healthier lifestyle only adds to the elation when I step on the scales and see the numbers going down.

See you next week :o)
Trudi

6 comments:

  1. it's a pain when you have to return to work in glorious sunshine eh? when I had my op it was November - meant I had all Christmas off work though :-)

    WLR principles work Trudi - all you need to do is to commit to them. Easier said than done, but when you have a burning desire to see a lesser number on the scale that definitely helps!

    as for the magic pills....

    been there. done that.

    was on appetite suppressants at age 11 so don't have a whole lot of time for anything other than the 'sensible' approach.

    the pills don't get to the root cause of why we gain weight in the first place.... eating too much. once you crack that one, then you're well on the way to a slimmer you.

    that's my thoughts anyhow :-)

    looking forward to your next post!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree with you. WLR principles do work. I only have to sit and read a few of the success stories that I get each week to know that :o)

    I have tried a few appetite suppressants in my time too but have found exactly what you said, they don't get to the crux of the matter.

    I will be sticking with the 'WLR way' for sure and I know the weight will come off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the equation that you can choose while selecting your daily food. About 50-55% carbohydrates, 30-35% protein, and the rest can be fat. Something close to this is healthy. Just remember, carbs are your biggest source of energy; they are not all bad. The carbs that are unhealthy are the ones that come from processed foods and simple sugars. Try to eat more whole wheat grain foods, legumes, and live food such as fresh fruits and vegetables. http://www.phentermine-effects.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kelvin, I do try to get my Weight Loss Resources Nutrition Report to read pretty much what you have said. Some days it's easier said than done though :o) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post. Interesting what you say about Orlistat and Alli, seems to be a lot in the press at the moment about them both.

    Losing weight is such a personal journey that I don't think you should discount the use of drugs if they can help, in some circumstances. My understanding of orlistat is not that it is a 'magic pill', more that it supports what the patient is trying to do in eating a low fat diet and increasing their exercise.

    Taking orlistat alone without a concerted effort to lose weight will only result in disappointment, as I'm sure many who rushed to buy Alli will find.

    I love WLR and do feel that it is definately the way forward, but if we're honest - we all know how to lose weight, it's just so darn difficult to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mandy,

    You're absolutely right - whatever helps alongside a healthy diet has got to be good (within reason fo course).

    I think the biggest point for me is that there is no 'miracle fix'. It's not a quick job and you have to get your head straight and know you're in it for the long game.

    It's not easy! :o)

    T x

    ReplyDelete